SIPer™ Learning and Sale Events
“SIP” stands for Subsurface Irrigation Planter. Simple Hope is using this technology to grow garden vegetables in Tanzania. This growing system, developed by Jim Schwai of Elm Grove, WI, also has excellent applications as a “patio garden” system right here in Wisconsin. All proceeds from these events support Simple Hope’s sustainable projects in rural Tanzania.
The SIPer™ planter
A SIPer™ Event – Assembling the planters
The vegetable plants are growing
The inventor of the SIPer™ planter, Jim Schwai
(on the right)
Simple Hope Speaking Engagements
We love to tell our story of how two ordinary, everyday women answered God’s call to help those who struggle to live each day in rural Tanzania. Since 2010, Simple Hope has been boots on the ground in Tanzania providing nutrition, clean water and teaching sustainable living skills as well as faith development. The story is filled with faith, compassion, leadership, difficulties, hope, and many amazing moments. Our presentation can be customized to include our project initiatives or faith-based story. Contact Simple-Hope for more information and scheduling.
Fun Ways to Fund Raise for Simple Hope
- Host a bake sale, rummage sale, book sale or art sale
- Initiate a special church offering or create a Sunday School event to benefit Simple Hope’s programs
- Coordinate a “Loose Change” drive
- Sponsor a booth at a local festival that highlights Simple Hope
- Organize a benefit dance, talent show, or concert
- Hold a Silent Auction
- On birthdays, anniversaries, weddings or holidays, ask for donations to the Simple Hope in lieu of gifts
- Grow a “Feed the Children” garden and donate proceeds from the sale of fruits and veggies
- Organize a car wash or pet wash
- Do neighborhood odd jobs in return for donations to Simple Hope
- Have a wine and cheese party to tell friends about Simple Hope
- Ask people to help you put on a simple community meal, such as a spaghetti dinner or pancake breakfast and donate proceeds
- Get kids involved by sponsoring a lemonade stand, a read-a-thon, or an event that showcases their artwork
- What ideas do you have?
Support Simple Hope by
shopping through Amazon Smile
- Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to Simple Hope.
- AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know. Same products, same prices, same service.
- Support your charitable organization by starting your shopping at smile.amazon.com
Mount Kilimanjaro Climb for a Cause
It is a daily challenge to live in Tanzania. Accessing basic needs such as food, water, shoes, transportation etc., is a struggle for many. In 2015 we, along with 24 others, personally challenge ourselves to do something difficult -Climb Mt Kilimanjaro. In doing so, we raised funds for Simple Hope’s projects and gained a little understanding of the daily trials for those who in Tanzania.